Accepting Her Destiny and the Nine Initiations to Becoming the da’igoti
written by Grandfather Joe Montoya, Apache Elder
Though she realized it was her destiny to accept the position of da’igoti of tlish diyan, the task has always presented its challenges. da’igoti Maria Yraceburu explains, 'My grandpa was my hero, my mentor, and my best friend. He was the diiyin – HolyOne! He taught me everything he could, he surely gave me a fraction! My grandfather was like Merlin to me and I knew he always worked in love, prayed daily and took great care of the people that came. We had traveled so many miles together and still had so many miles to go." As with the opening of her first circle in the San Francisco Bay area, she soon found herself promising her grandfather’s memory that the vision would continue. She would dedicate her life even further to keeping tlish diyan and the worldwide Yraceburu family legacy moving forward. She had completed the same Nine Initiations her grandfather had completed a century earlier when he received the prophecy teachings of the Apache Dreamer, his uncle, Nochaydelklinne.
The following includes the Nine Initations da’igoti Maria Yraceburu completed and a short explanation of each step:
• Step 1: The diiyin (in this case, Grandfather Ten Bears) notifies the tlish diyan council that the one who will carry the teachings forward for him, has been born. In his sharing, the diiyin announced the continuance in his successor. A Story-Prophecy living began.
• Step 2: The tlish diyan Council tested the successor 100%. Once acknowledged, the successor was seen walking between worlds, and vanquishing fear. Not only did she succeed, but also her interdimensional communication skills placed her in the potential for da’igoti – time & energy tracker. Once the candidate was acknowledged and seen as a Dream Walker, step two would be complete.
• Step 3: As Grandfather Ten Bears did, the tlish diyan initiate was recognized by 24 cross-tribal Snake Clan elders. Every tlish diyan da’igoti, healer, diiyin, elder, and family member participated in the process of gathering energy. A complete story prophecy fulfillment would become a part of the permanent history of the lineage, and would be acknowledged by the presentation of the Clan Bundle into her care so that all would know that step three has been completed.
• Step 4: As Grandfather Ten Bears did, the tlish diyan intiate fasted for twenty-one days during the preparation. Preparation was be broken down into four training quarters: fasting three days the first quarter, six days the second quarter, nine days the third quarter, and three days the fourth quarter just before the Lightning ceremony. Each quarter, fasting was be witnessed and confirmed by a member of the tlish diyan Council. These recountings were discussed by council as each quarter is completed.
• Step 5: The tlish diyan initiate three years studying from other traditions of Earth Evolution as Grandfather Ten Bears did prior to his recognition as diiyin. The tlish diyan initiate must participate in the same rituals and lifestyle, with relationship with Earth and Spirit as the goal for the initiate during these three years. A tlish diyan council member was there to witness the first channels by the future da’igoti. These first channels were be spoken from the same special rock used by Naylin Lage at Yusn’s Temple. It was with this rock, selected by Nochaydelkline, that family lineage made a personal pledge of dedication, purpose, and focus on Yraceburu’s future.
• Step 6: To ensure a “life of integrity” the initiate was train daily, both in waking and non-waking reality. In addition, the initiate was trained one year as a student with each member of the tlish diyan council. The initiate had to be able to fully appreciate the role of both student and instructor. Not only did the initiate gain new knowledge, but she helped create a tremendous force of synergy to help ensure a clear path for the leaders of the future. The da’igoti would train future diiyin in the name of Yraceburu. Daily training included the following: The initiated mastered reading the signs of nature. The daily assignment in the wilderness was announced, and witnessed by the guardian of tlish diyan council. This type of communication become a part of her daily routine. The initiate learned and practiced the nine dragon initiations that Grandfather Ten Bears performed for his own acceptance as diiyin. The rites are to be performed once a year throughout the year according to cyclic schedule of world dynamics.
• Step 7: The initiate performed the nine dragon rites beginning in 1972. She also performed a personal demonstration with the weaving of ceremony and overlapping time. The demonstration was performed with great ceremony and humility.
• Step 8: In 2001, the complete tlish diyan Council presided over the burning of the 4th World Clan Bundle, and test of the new da’igoti. Part of the ceremony included the recitation of all previous Yraceburu names, and stories associated as prophecy, even if in the future there are hundreds of initiates in a thousand years, the process will remain the same through 5th World dynamics. This starts with Yraceburu – the Snake Heart. We cannot truly see the future without complete and accurate knowledge of the past.
• Step 9: The presentation of the new da’igoti was the calling to Hotevilla, and acceptance of the initiate as da’igoti, by the head of the universally understood keeper of the lineage, beginning the initiate’s new role as Tracker.
All steps having been completed, Maria was recognized by indigenous Elders from around the world as an Time Charter – esteemed da’igoti during a special ceremony and inauguration attended in Hawaii in 2010.